Salary: £55,000 – 65,000
Oxford HR have been retained as an executive search consultancy to appoint a new Senior Nutrition Governance & Systems Reform Specialist for The Power of Nutrition. This is a new role and offers a great opportunity to broaden your skills and experience, work within a creative and innovative UK-based charitable foundation with a clear focus on delivering a sustainable impact for children in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
The Power of Nutrition was established through strong support from the UK’s Department for International Development, CIFF and the UBS Optimus Fund, UNICEF and the World Bank, which catalyse their opportunity to deliver nutritional interventions at scale, that can make a significant positive impact on undernutrition in Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia – which is the underlying cause of 45% of all child mortality, nearly 4 in 10 children with stunting (chronic form of undernutrition) and one of the best interventions to transform children’s health, education and livelihoods.
The Senior Nutrition Governance & Systems Reform Specialist is a key appointment for The Power of Nutrition. S/he will work within the Investments team to ensure that all investments are robust, and well-structured to satisfy good governance criteria and to achieve a sustainable impact for children at scale. S/he will also collaborate closely with colleagues across the organisation to undertake the necessary due diligence on all new investment opportunities and support the review and management of ongoing investments.
All the investments and programmes are complex, and this individual will need to interact with numerous stakeholders – investors (private, corporate, high net worth and institutional donors) and governments and their respective departments (particularly ministries of health and finance) in the UK and overseas. S/he will need to have a good understanding of health and / or nutrition, and public finance management / economics with a broad understanding of the environment in which the above stakeholders operate.
- Extensive experience in systemic reform and/or public finance management in the nutrition or health sector will be an asset
- Evidence of expertise in political economy analysis and an established track and credibility in working on systemic reform issues in the nutrition and/or health sectors in fragile and conflict, developing and/or emerging economy context
- Familiarity or experience engaging with global governance structures/coordinating mechanisms within the nutrition sector will be an asset (Scaling Up Nutrition Movement, Council on Food Security, Nutrition 4 Growth initiative, UN REACH, etc.)
- Proven programme development and programme management experience
- Demonstrable experience in influencing policies and reforms at senior levels of government and influencing bilateral and multilateral donors
Skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent writing and analytical skills – a publication record is desirable, but not required
- Outstanding networking and communication skills with a proven ability to work globally and effectively with diverse groups of individuals. Experience with large bilateral donors such as DFID, multilaterals such as the World Bank and UNICEF, and the private sector such as CIFF and UBS Optimus Foundation is desirable
- Excellent political awareness and judgment on sensitive governance matters
- Strong understanding of nutrition interventions in an international development context
- Strategic and results-oriented
- A proven ability to solve problems and make decisions including challenging ones
- Masters’ degree or equivalent level of academic and professional experience in nutrition, health science, public health, political science, international relations, public administration, management, accounting or finance, law or development studies
- An ability to work in French is desirable
In order to apply please read the Application Pack through the following link: http://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/senior-nutrition-governance-systems-reform-specialist/.
You will be asked to complete an application form by attaching an updated CV and supporting statement for this role.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Ana Fernandes, Principal Consultant at email@example.com