Training and support for SAM treatment, IYCF and exclusive breastfeeding promotion, MNPs and Vitamin A, IFA for pregnant women, and nutrition policy and messaging. UNICEF will improve data systems, survey coverage and track government nutrition financing. The investment will enable services to reach 700,000 women and 800,000 children, including treatment for SAM for 65,000 children.
How will success be measured?
- Proportion of children aged 0-59 months reached with SAM treatment;
- Proportion of children 6-59 months receiving Vitamin A;
- Proportion of children 6-23 months receiving MNPs;
- Proportion of pregnant women receiving IFA supplements for 180 days;
- Proportion of infants 0–5 months fed exclusively with breastmilk;
- Proportion of infants 6–8 months receiving solid, semi-solid or soft foods.
Programme Achievements to Date
- More than 800,000 children reached with nutrition services
- More than 300,000 women reached with nutrition services