This programme aims to support Antenatal Care, Infant and Young Child Feeding, Community Management of Acute Malnutrition, governance, and Parenting and Early Childhood Development for 265,000 pregnant women and 1,100,000 children under 5. The programme aims to prevent 5,600 deaths, 32,000 cases of anaemia among pregnant women and 36,000 stunting cases.
How will success be measured?
- Percentage of infants 0–5 months exclusively breastfed;
- Percentage of children 6–23 months consuming a minimum acceptable diet;
- Number of pregnant women who completed at least four ANC visits;
- Number of caregivers who participated in parental education activities at least once in the last three months;
- Number of households with handwashing facilities.
Programme Achievements to Date
The programme became active in November 2018. Year 1 results will be available in 2020.