The Power of Nutrition and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosted a joint roundtable focussing on current themes in food fortification, including the effectiveness of interventions in improving health and the role of the private sector in achieving impact. We also discuss the role of key actors in delivering food fortification programmes and key factors in implementing them at scale.
Around 21% of the world’s population face childhood stunting, with numbers forecast to skyrocket as a result of COVID-19. It is incredibly important to have this conversation while countries are planning their response to the pandemic, which has worsened existing frailties in nutrition systems.
This dynamic session was co-hosted by Martin Short, CEO, The Power of Nutrition, and Andreas Bluethner, Director, Nutrition, BMGF, in conversation with an exciting panel of experts (see below).
The roundtable convened an audience of private sector investors and corporations, government representatives, NGOs, and multilateral agencies for an interactive conversation between webinar participants.
- Martin Short, CEO, The Power of Nutrition
- Andreas Bluethner, Director, Nutrition, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Yannick Foing, Global Director, Nutrition Improvement, DSM
- Samuel Musyoka, Quality Assurance Manager, Mandela Millers, Uganda
- Jessica Nworgu, Quality Control Manager, Flour Mills Nigeria
- Indriani Gunawan, Chief Executive Director of PT Nutrindo Interfarma Sejahtera, Indonesia
- Nina Sarjunani, Head of KFI, The Indonesian Fortification Alliance
- Nada Elhusseiny, Technical Advisor, Egypt and North Africa at Food Fortification Initiative