The programme aims to support essential health, nutrition, and population services access for 5,000,000 women and children. The programme aims to prevent 1,876 deaths, 72,000 cases of anaemia among pregnant women, 6,000 cases of stunting in children, and have over 55,000 additional infants up to 6 months old exclusively breastfed.
HOW SUCCESS WILL BE MEASURED
- % of children age 6-23months with a minimum acceptable diet in targeted regions
- % of infants age 0-5months being exclusively breastfed in targeted regions
- % of children age 6-59months who have received Vitamin A supplementation in the last six months in the targeted regions
- % of women who received iron-folic acid supplementation for 90 or more days during their pregnancy in targeted regions.
PROGRAMME ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
- In its first year, this programme has reached 12,500 children with nutrition interventions.