The programme aims to bring micronutrients and strengthened health services, and improve household nutrition practices for 20 million children and 5 million mothers by 2020. The direct impact of this activity has been modelled to be at least 67,000 lives saved and 166,000 cases of stunting prevented.
How Will Success be Measured?
- Number of children under 5 receiving vitamin A supplements;
- Number of household visits by Community Health Workers for health and nutrition education;
- Percentage of pregnant women attending four or more antenatal care visits during their last pregnancy;
- Percentage of antenatal care attendees receiving adequate supply of iron and folic acid tablets.
Programme Achievements to Date
- More than 7 million children reached with nutrition services;
- 2.8 million women reached with nutrition services.